Take a mini-Italian Vacation – in Charlottesville, Virginia!
Whether you’re planning to travel to Italy in the near future or simply crave a short-term immersion in Italian language and culture, Speak! can craft a custom mini-course for you and your travel group most any month of the year. Stay at one of the lovely inns or hotels in the area, enjoy some amazing restaurants and cultural sites and let Speak! teach you some Italian language and a bit of the culture, too. Weekend courses can be crafted to fit your needs and goals, but our menu of topics includes:
- Italian for Travelers “(designer) Boot Camp”: basics of greetings, pronunciation, restaurant ordering, shopping, etc.
- “Italy Twenty Times”: an introduction to the many regions of Italy geared towards helping you plan your next trip
- Insider Travel Tips: what to know and what to avoid while traveling in Italy (can be customized to fit your itinerary)
- Wine, cheese and gelato tasting lessons
- A tasting tour of the Main Street Market including Feast! (cheese, charcuterie) and Gearhart’s Chocolate.
- An Italian Opera workshop
We can offer the same type of mini-vacation focusing on France and many Spanish-speaking countries, too!