Join Christina Ball and Jaime Kurtz
(aka “The Happy Traveler”)
next summer in Scandinavia!
For thirty years and counting, Scandinavian countries have dominated the worldwide happiness charts. Why? Is it their enviable work-life balance? Guaranteed health care and education from primary through graduate school? Safe, bike-and-boat friendly cities? Love of nature? Close connection to community and family? Something more?
On this summer trip, you will immerse yourself in the culture of Denmark and Sweden to discover first-hand what makes these countries the world’s happiness all-stars. Guided by positive psychology expert and author of the forthcoming book The Happy Traveler: Unpacking the Secrets of Better Vacations (Oxford UP), Jaime Kurtz, you will also practice tried-and-true strategies for happier travel, like learning how to better savor your experiences, fully engage with a new culture, and make rich memories. These skills will enhance not only this trip, but all of your future travels! And, as with everything we do at Speak! (and our study abroad experiences, in particular), you will build strong friendships both with your fellow travelers and with the locals we’ll meet along the way.
While soaking up the secrets to a happier life, you’ll also:
- Sample New Nordic cuisine in Copenhagen
- Sleep, swim and sauna in a beautifully-designed ecolodge in the Swedish forest
- Cycle through Copenhagen, the world’s most bike-friendly city
- Go on long walks and hikes and maybe a kayak ride!
- Learn about Scandinavian art and design
- Visit Christiania, one of Europe’s most famous communes
- Play like a kid again at Copenhagen’s Tivoli Gardens
- Cruise Stockholm’s 30,000 island archipelago
- Savor 18 hours of sunshine per day
For more details, click here!