Individual Language Intensives at Speak!
Are you looking to quickly and effectively improve your language skills this year? Daily practice with a highly skilled Speak! instructor is the best way to progress! Work with our team to customize a course that will help you achieve your personal and/or professional goals, at your pace and at a time that works for you – mornings, afternoons, evenings. Pick from one of 14 foreign language – Arabic, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish (English/ESL is also an option) – and select a course length from 1-4 weeks, with daily lessons ranging from 2-4 hours. It’s a fact: daily practice is the best way to learn a language, or see significant improvement in your ability to express yourself with ease in a foreign tongue.
*Read what 45 hour summer intensive review about our summer intensives!
Register at least 4 weeks before your start-date- space is limited!
Individual Intensive Programs are ideal for:
- University of Virginia faculty and staff seeking professional development
- High school and college students, home for winter or other breaks.
- Travelers and study-abroad trip leaders wishing to learn a language before departure.
- Anyone in the Charlottesville area who wants to take a linguistic “staycation”!
*UVA Full-time faculty/staff can use annual Education Benefits ($2,000/year) to cover costs of language training at Speak! Find out more here.
- One Week Intensive: 15 hours/3 hours per day
- Two Week Intensive: 20 hours/2 hours per day or 30 hours/3 hours per day
- Three Week Intensive: 30 hours/2 hours per day or 45 hours/3 hours per day
Tuition Rates (discounted with respect to our regular individual rates!):
- 15 hour intensive: $750
- 20 hour intensive: $950
- 30 hour intensive: $1350
- 45 hour intensive: $2,000
- 60 hour intensive $2,500
Want to do an immersion course with a family member or friend?
See our Semi-Private Immersion Courses!