Two Weeks in Todi: Italian Language and Culture Immersion Course
Join Christina Ball (Speak!) and La Lingua, La Vita Italian school in the hill town of Todi for a glorious two week cultural and linguistic immersion experience in Umbria. For the fifth year, Christina will lead a fun, motivated group of Italophiles to Speak’s “sister city” of Todi for two weeks of Italian language lessons, cooking classes, artistic-culinary-naturalistic excursions, festivals, magical meals and day after day of idyllic Italian village life.
*Early-bird discount: Register by Nov 1st and save 10%!
* 10% discount for Two Weeks in Todi Alumns!
Deposit of 50% due at time of registration. Remainder due by June 1, 2013.
Sign up HERE for our informative e-mail sequence , including:
- Our favorite places in Umbria
- Complete info about the Two Week program
- Numerous video testimonials from past participants
Have you always dreamed of learning Italian but just can’t seem to make any progress from home? Are you eager to take your Italian to the next level? Does the thought of living like a local in a small Umbrian hilltown, getting to know the barista, the hairdresser, the chef- not to mention wonderful teachers and guides – sound like heaven to you? Have you been to Rome, Florence, Venice but are eager for a slower, more in-depth encounter with Italy? Are you ready to try something new and potentially transformational? lf the answer to some or all of these questions is a resounding SI!, consider joining Speak!’s Christina Ball and a group of like-minded individuals from around the country for two weeks of Italian language and culture exploration in a gorgeous Italian hilltown in the Umbria region.
Though there is the option of skipping the language lessons (great for travel companions of Italian students!), the core offerings include:
- 2 weeks (4 hrs/day) of Italian lessons at La Lingua, La Vita (all levels!)
- 2 weeks of lodging in an independent apartment or with a local family
- 7-8 Field Trips (to places like Orvieto, Castelluccio, Spoleto, Perugia)
- An Umbrian Cooking Class (more can be added, if desired!)
- Expert Guidance, Assistance and Instruction outside of class by Christina Ball
What people say about Two Weeks in Todi:
- Thanks to Christina at Speak! Language Center, I had an amazing adventure attending beginner Italian language classes in Todi, Umbria – not to mention the cultural trips, amazing food and wine while also making new friends. You just have to be there! – Margaret Y., Bermuda
- Spending two weeks in Todi, studying Italian and remembering what really matters in life–family and good friends–was a dream come true. Watching shooting stars in a field in Umbria on the way back to Todi from Montefalco is one of the many memories that will stay with me forever. For two weeks, we all lived in the moment and enjoyed life. This was more than a trip, it was a journey. – Roberta L., Fairfax, VA.
- I had an amazing experience in my Two Weeks in Todi. I had been studying the language for about five years and was always curious about trying a full-immersion program. I found the school to be small and intimate where one had the time and opportunity to get to know their instructors as well as fellow students. The host family was gracious and generous, not to mention outstanding cooks. The cultural programs were interesting and organized in such a fashion that everyone could enjoy, whether they are beginning language students or those that are further along. For me personally, I discovered a region of Italy that is beautiful, historic, and yet feels undiscovered. For those that want to see the real Italy without the hordes of turisitici, this is an experience for you. Non vedo l’ora di tornare! – Rich Rella, Indianapolis, IN.
- What a fantastic experience I had in Todi. It really brought me to another level with my Italian. Grazie mille!!! – Don Dobeasky, Charlottesville, VA
Speak! and its Italian sister school encourage their students to embrace the daily interactions of life in Todi. An advantage of settling into this lovely hill town for two weeks was that as my language skills slowly advanced from the beginner’s “deer in headlight” hand gestures, to actual greetings, then questions, and finally short color commentaries on life, the gracious shopkeepers of Todi actually expanded their conversations with me (simply, I am a beginner), providing a measurable quantifier that let your daily classroom evolve into actual practical relationships at the alimentari, the enoteca, the caffe’. Lessons learned were woven into the actual fabric of life in this charming village. Christina has boundless positive energy and an intuitive sense of the perfect inventive mix of after classroom excursions…cultural events, vineyard tours and tastings, Italian cooking classes. Thoughtful outings, because at some point no matter how architecturally significant or “bucket list worthy” the next nearby treasure may be, it is invaluable to have the guidance that can read that perhaps for this day…the most spiritually significant journey may not be the exquisite duomo down the way, but the quiet stroll to the neighborhood gelateria for today’s perfect flavor. – Tia Schurecht, Kewsick, VA.
Read about this trip in MORE magazine!
Check out our answers toTwo Weeks in FAQs answered.pdf