Ideal for college students, university faculty or anyone wishing to build a strong foundation or take a leap forward in their foreign language skills!
Take advantage of winter vacation time to jump start – or renew – your foreign language skills! Work with a talented Speak! instructor to customize a course that will help you achieve your personal and/or professional goals, at your pace and at a time that works for you – mornings, afternoons, evenings. Pick from one of 10 foreign language – Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish (English/ESL is also an option) – and select a course length from 1-4 weeks, with daily lessons ranging from 2-4 hours.
It’s a fact: daily practice is the best way to learn a language, or see significant improvement in your ability to express yourself with ease in a foreign tongue.
Register early – space is limited!
Winter Intensive Programs are ideal for:
- University of Virginia faculty and staff seeking professional development or enrichment* Use your 2015 benefits before they expire in a few weeks!
- High school and college students, home for the break
- Travelers and study-abroad trip leaders wishing to learn a language before departure.
- Anyone in Charlottesville who wants to take a linguistic “staycation”!
*UVA Full-time faculty/staff can use annual Education Benefits ($2,000/year) to cover costs of language training at Speak!
- One Week Intensive: 15 hours/3 hours per day
- Two Week Intensive: 20 hours/2 hours per day or 30 hours/3 hours per day
- Three Week Intensive: 30 hours/2 hours per day or 45 hours/3 hours per day
Tuition Rates (discounted with respect to our regular individual rates!):
- 15 hour intensive: $750
- 20 hour intensive: $950
- 30 hour intensive: $1350
- 45 hour intensive: $2,000
Want to do an immersion course with a family member or friend? See our Winter Semi-Private Immersion Courses!